Kakao Customer Service Main
Kakao Account Category
Kakao Account Main
Kakao Account is an email based ID which is also used to check the subscriber of the Kakao Talk account.
When you log in with Kakao Account in Kakao Talk > More, you can retrieve information previously used in KakaoTalk in case you change your phone or phone number in the future.
* Information which can be retrieved with Kakao Account:
Friend list, Recommended Friends, Hidden Friends, Blocked Friends, items you purchased or received as gifts, Kakao Talk ID, profile photos, status message
(For friends whose phone numbers are not in your Contacts list, their names will be shown as they have set.)
Kakao Account can be used with only one phone number.
You cannot use two phone numbers with one Kakao Account at the same time. If you connect your Kakao Account with a new number, your previous Kakao Talk account will be deleted.
When you go though verification with a new phone number and connect it to your Kakao Account, your previous Kakao Talk account will be deleted.
You can find your Kakao Account on Kakao Talk and Kakao Story apps, and Kakao's homepage (www.kakao.com/main).1. Are you using Kakao Talk?- Open Kakao Talk app > More > Edit Profile> Kakao Account > Forgot your email or password? > Find Kakao Account2. Are you using Kakao Story?- Open Kakao Talk app > Forgot your email or password? > Find Kakao Account3. You can also find your Kakao Account on Kakao's homepage.- Login box on the right side of the Kakao website (www.kakao.com/main) > Find Kakao Account
Kakao account can be found below in two different ways.
1. Finding your Kakao Account using Kakao Talk profile and Phone Number
- Are you using Kakao Talk or Kakao Story?
You can find your Kakao Account with name or ID used in your profile on KakaoTalk or KakaoStory and the phone number you used to sign up for KakaoTalk.2. Finding your Kakao Account using Kakao Member Number (App Center ID)- Is a Kakao Game installed on your phone?Open the app, and tap on the gear-shaped Settings icon and get the Kakao Member Number. Then, enter that number in Find Kakao Account > Find Account with Other Information.Part of your Kakao Account is shown as *** for your privacy. You should remember the masked part of your email address.! Tips for finding your Kakao Account- When you sign up for a Kakao Account, we send a welcome email to the email address associated with your Kakao Account.If you can't remember your Kakao Account, check the inbox of your email and look for "Kakao" or "Kakao Team".The email address which has received the welcome email is highly likely to be your Kakao Account.
You can reset your Kakao Account password on Kakao Talk and Kakao Story apps, and Kakao's homepage (www.kakao.com/main).
1. Are you using Kakao Talk?
- Open Kakao Talk app > More > Edit Profile> Kakao Account > Forgot your email or password? > Reset Password
2. Are you using Kakao Story?
- Open Kakao Talk app > Forgot your email or password? > Reset Password
3. You can also find your Kakao Account on Kakao's homepage.
- Login box on the right side of the Kakao website (www.kakao.com/main) > Find Password
To protect your Kakao Account, you need to go through a verification for the email address used for Kakao Account as well as user identification as part of the password reset process. If you can't go through email verification or pass user identification, you cannot reset your password.
[!] Please make sure to use a safe password.
- Other people may easily guess your password if you use well-known names, your birthdate, phone number, etc.
- Please use a unique pasword with a combination of upper/lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Please use a different password for your Kakao Account and your Kakao Account email address to ensure security, and change it regularly.
* To change your password:
- From Kakao Talk > More > Edit Profile> Kakao Account > Change Password
- From Kakao Story > More > Edit Profile> Kakao Account > Change Password
Are you unable to check emails sent to the email address used for Kakao Account for the following reasons?
1. Have you made a mistake when typing the email to create your Kakao Account?
Please check if you have entered a wrong ID or mail domain (@daum.com or @daum.met) in your email address.
2. Have you signed up for a Kakao Account using a random email address you don't actually use?
3. Are you unable to access the email address used for Kakao Account because the email service has been terminated or you have deleted the account?
In this case, you can change your Kakao Account email to an active account and get verification. Please go to the Kakao Account menu on the Kakao Talk or Kakao Story app.
- Kakao Talk app > More > Edit Profile > Kakao Account
- Kakao Story app > More > Edit Profile > Kakao Account
Tap the "Change Email" and you can change your Kakao Account email to an active email address.
If you can't find the "Change Email" link or cannot log in because you forgot your password, please contact our Customer Service. We wll help you change your email after verifying some information.
5 I tried to log into my Kakao Account from Kakao Talk and was asked to enter my previous phone number. What is the "previous phone number"?
Previous phone number is the phone number of the device used to log in with the Kakao Account recently.
To prevent other people from using your Kakao Account, you must provide your previous phone number if you want to log into Kakao Talk from a device different from the one whose number is associated with your Kakao Account.
Please enter the phone number you previously verified for KakaoTalk.
* If Kakao Talk is still installed on your previous device, you can find the previously verified phone number in Kakao Talk > More > Edit Profile.
To protect your Kakao Account, you may attempt to enter your previous phone number up to 5 times. After 5 incorrect attempts, you will have to try again later.
* Can't remember your previous phone number?
You must remember your previous phone number because Kakao can't tell you. If you don't remember your previous phone number, please check the instructions below and try again.
1. Is Kakao Talk still installed on your previous device?
Open Kakao Talk and you can find the previously verified phone number in More > Edit Profile.
2. Has your phone number changed?
If your phone number has changed, try to recall the previous phone number and enter that number. If you can't remember the number, ask your family or friends if they have your old phone number.
If that still doesn't work, contact your mobile service carrier or mobile phone agent.
3. Have you switched to a new phone or a new carrier?
When you switched to a new carrier, or re-subscribed to the mobile phone service with the same carrier, a temporary number may have been issued and changed without your knowledge. Contact your mobile service carrier or mobile phone dealer and ask if your phone number has been changed or if any temporary number has been issued.
4. Have you used a no-contract phone which had been owned by someone else, or have you logged in from a shared device?
It is possible that the device you used to log in may already have a Kakao Account with a different phone number. Please ask the previous owner of the device about the phone number.
5. Has your family or friend logged in with your Kakao Account?
If your family member or friend has logged in with your Kakao Account to access Kakao games or other services, try entering that person's phone number as the previous phone number.
(To protect your personal information, please do not log in using someone else's phone number or device.)
Kakao Accounts are secured.
However, if you use the same email address and password that you use for other services or websites, that information can be hacked and your Kakao Account can also be threatened.
In order to protect your Kakao Account,
please create a unique password that is not easy to guess, and change it regularly.
If you suspect that your account was logged in (or used) by someone with a malicious intent, please re-sign up for Kakao Account through phone number verification immediately, and change your password.
If you are unable to log in, please contact our Customer Service to report your account as compromised.
You can also click the link at the bottom of the login notification email to report account compromised or to lock your account.
If an account is reported as compromised, our Customer Service can deactivate the compromised account for 7 days after a phone number verification, limiting your and other people's access to the account.
Please note that you must submit a report within 14 days of the compromise.
* You need to submit the account compromise report and other required documents to our Customer Service within 7 days of the account deactivation. Otherwise, deactivation will be lifted automatically.
Please note that we are able to deactivate your account until police investigation of the compromised account is completed only when you submit the account compromise report and other required documents within 7 days of the account deactivation.
- Account Compromise Report: Download
- Required Documents:
1. Copy of an ID card or equivalent to verify your identity. (The last 7 digits of the resident registration number must be masked.)
2. Certificate of use agreement for the mobile phone number used at the time of KakaoTalk registration (issued by the mobile service carrier).
3. Other materials which may be helpful in proving the unauthorized use of your Kakao service account by someone else.
Selling or exchanging your Kakao Account is strictly prohibited by the Terms of Service.
If it is determined that you have sold or exchanged your Kakao Account, or made such an attempt, Kakao has a right to limit your use of Kakao services in accordance with Kakao's operations policy.
We are seeing many cases of scams and account compromise resulting from the acts of selling or exchanging Kakao Accounts.
Selling or exchanging your Kakao Account is strictly prohibited, and we can't provide help with any untoward incident arising out of it. Please read the following information.
1. If the seller changes mind about selling the account or sells the account with a malicious intent, not only the seller's account but also the buyer's can be disabled.
Selling or exchanging Kakao Account is prohibited. Even if the buyer claims that he or she has paid money or other equivalent to buy the account, the buyer cannot claim ownership of the involved account.
Please do not purchase someone else's Kakao Account, as both the seller' and the buyer's Kakao Accounts will be disabled in case the seller reports that account as compromised.
2. Even if the transaction is not completed, your Kakao Account may be compromised in the process.
Do not disclose, even in part, your Kakao Account email, password, name or phone number to a third party.
Name and phone number can be used to find user ID and password for email services such as Naver, Daum and Nate.
People with malicious intents may be able to combine your personal information disclosed during the transation and guess your Kakao Account email address.
Please make sure that you do not disclose your personal information even in part, such as the last few digits of your password.
Do not delete your Kakao Account email even if your counterpart requests it.
In some websites, when one user deletes his or her email account, another user can sign up right away using the same user ID.
Your counterpart may trick you into deleting your Kakao Account email so that he or she can sign up for the same email service using your email address and steal your Kakao Account.
We also recommend strongly against writing posts on account selling or exchange in open online forums.
Even if you do not disclose your Kakao Account information, your Kakao Account email address can be guessed based on your ID, nickname, membeship number, etc. revealed on online communities, blogs and forums.
Kakao Account allows you to enjoy various Kakao services such as Kakao Talk, Kakao Story and Kakao Games with one integrated account.
Once you delete your Kakao Account, you can no longer use Kakao services including Kakao Story and Kakao Games.
1. When you unregister from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story, your Kakao Account will also be deleted as long as you don't have any other services linked to your Kakao Account.
However, your Kakao Account cannot be deleted immediately if the deletion is likely to result in financial issues or impact to other people's use of Kakao services, even if you don't have any other services linked to your Kakao Account.
* You can see the list of services connected to your Kakao Account from Kakao Talk or Kakao Story > More > Edit Profile > Kakao Account > Manage Connected Services.
2. You can also delete your Kakao Account via the Delete Kakao Account page, to which you will have access after unregistering from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story.
If you receive a message that your Kakao Account will not be deleted even after you unregister from Kakao Story and Kakao Talk, you can delete your Kakao Account by visiting the Delete Kakao Account page, which will be notified to you after you unregister from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story.
3. If you have already unregistered from Kakao Talk and Kakao Story, your Kakao Account can also be deleted by clicking the link below.
Delete Kakao Account >
Again, please note that your Kakao Account cannot be deleted immediately if the deletion is likely to result in financial issues or impact to other people's use of Kakao services. In this case, you will be able to delete your Kakao Account after cancelling the concerned service(s) or changing the settings.
You can find more information in Kakao Account FAQ.
Kakao Account FAQ
> Log in
> Find email/password
> Sign up
> Delete Kakao Account
> Account compromise/hacking
> Disabled account
> Account protection measures
> Linked Daum ID
> Age verification / user identification