Kakao Customer Service Main
A public key is used to exchange secret keys which encrypt messages in a secret chatroom.
There are three types of keys—a public key, a private key and a secret key.
A secret key is used to encrypt messages in a secret chatroom. Secret keys of the participants will be exchanged once the secret chatroom is created. Public keys are used to encrypt secret keys and private keys are used to decrypt secret keys.
Unlike the private key and the secret key, the public key is open to public and is used to determine whether the chat with other party is secured.
You can check the public key image in the secret chatroom by going into the chatroom menu > Settings > Public Key. If the public key image is identical to your friend's, that means your chat is secured.
If you reinstall KakaoTalk or change your mobile device, your encryption key will be changed. If your encryption key is changed, you will not be able to chat in your existing secret chatrooms. You will need to start new secret chats.
KakaoTalk v5.0.0 includes a new preview feature for URLs entered in the chatroom.
A preview of your URL will be displayed so that you and your friends can easily see more of shared links while chatting.
Anyone who uses KakaoTalk v.9.7.5 and above can use the QR code to log into KakaoTalk in iPads or Android tablets without having to enter their Kakao Account email address.
Log into KakaoTalk with QR codes using the methods below.
1) Open KakaoTalk for iPads or tablets
2) Select login with QR code
3) Open the QR code reader in mobile KakaoTalk
4) Scan the QR code displayed in your iPad or tablet
5) Select whether you are logged in or not
6) Register your device if your device has not yet been registered
How to scan the QR code
1) Open mobile KakaoTalk
2) Select the scanner from the upper right search menu or the More menu
You can use fonts installed from iOS or iPad OS to OS on KakaoTalk.
1. Install fonts.
- Download a font of your choice to iOS using a fonts application.
2. Apply fonts.
- You can preview the downloaded font in KakaoTalk [More] > [Setting] > [Screen] > [ Font Size and Type] > [Fonts] > [OS Fonts], and apply it to your KakaoTalk.
3. Can't find the downloaded font?
- You can check fonts downloaded from outside applications in OS Setting App > General > Fonts.
⌘ Some fonts may not be diplayed correctly depending on letter spacing or special characteristics.
⌘ This function is available in <iOS> and <iPadOS> only, and not supported by Android, (iOS, iPadOS v9.2.5 or higher / iOS14 or higher).
When an account is memorialized, its KakaoTalk profile will be maintained so that friends and family members can access it even if the user's phone number is unregistered.
A memorial account cannot be switched back to a normal account. Please read the following information carefully before applying for a memorial account.
[What are the benefits of a memorial profile?]
- The profile of the deceased user will be maintained and not converted to an Unknown account.
- An obituary notice can be made quietly without contacting friends and acquaintances.
- The KakaoTalk account of the deceased user can be maintained even if the user's phone number is unregistered.
- The profile can be used as a place to remember the deceased user.
[How will the KakaoTalk account of a deceased user be changed?]
- To protect the user's privacy, no one can log in with the deceased user's account.
- Messages cannot be sent or received, and the account cannot be used to log into sub-devices (windows, mac, ipad, android tablet, etc).
[How will the account be shown to his or her KakaoTalk friends?]
- The deceased user will be marked as a Remembered Friend in the Friends list, and the user's name, profile, background image, multi-profile settings and chat history will also be preserved.
- The deceased user will be removed from all chatrooms except for private chatrooms.
- The deceased user cannot be invited to a group chat.
- Chats in private chatrooms can be checked only by the sender, so the sender can use this chatroom as a place to remember the deceased user.
⚠️ A memorial profile can be maintained for 5 years and may be extended up to 10 years upon request. The user will be automatically unregistered afterwards.
⚠️ If the deceased user has already unregistered from KakaoTalk, a memorial profile cannot be used.
We hope that a memorial profile can help bring comfort and support to the bereaved family of a deceased user. May the user rest in peace.
With deepest sympathy…
In case a user passes away, KakaoTalk offers two options for the person's account based on the will of the user's family: unregistration or a memorial profile.
• Unregistration from Kakao Talk
When the family chooses unregistration, the user's account will be marked as "Unknown" just like other unregistered accounts, and the account will be deleted permanently.
• Memorial profile
If the family wants to memorialize the private chatroom and the profile, they can contact the Customer Service and request that the account be switched to a memorial profile.
What is a memorial profile?
You can now download discontinued fonts from the RixFontCloud application and use it in KakaoTalk.
1. Install the RixFontCloud application.
2. Choose a font and select the checkbox on the left to download the font.
Set up font in RixFontCloud application
3. In KakaoTalk, go to More > Settings > Display > Text Size/Font > OS Font, and find and set up the font you downloaded!
Set up KakaoTalk OS font
✔︎ I can't find the font I downloaded
- In your OS Settings, go to App > General > Fonts to find fonts you downloaded from an external source.
✔︎ The fonts I downloaded are cut off when displayed on screen
- A portion of the font may be cut off when displayed on screen due to the font's spacing or specifications.
✔︎ I can't install or apply a font
- This feature is only available in <iOS> and <iPadOS>, and is not available in Android. (iOS, iPadOS v9.2.5 or later / iOS14 or later)
Fonts that are available as "KakaoTalk Fonts" are provided under contracts with font developers and font companies.
Therefore, some fonts may be removed once contracts are terminated.
Did you know that you can apply various fonts downloaded from font apps to KakaoTalk?
You can save external fonts on your device using the following apps and activate them on KakaoTalk.
- SandollCloud (Install SandollCloud)
- RixFont (Install RixFont)
✔︎ If you can't find downloaded fonts:
- You can check fonts downloaded from outside in the OS Setting app > General > Fonts.
✔︎ If the downloaded fonts are cut off:
- Some fonts may be cut off due to the space between letters or special characteristics.
✔︎ If you have difficulty installing or activating the fonts:
- This feature is available on iOS and iPadOS, and it is not supported on Android. (iOS, iPadOS v9.2.5 or higher / iOS 14 or higher)
Fonts provided as "KakaoTalk fonts" are provided by font creators or service providers.
Expired fonts may not be available on KakaoTalk afterwards.
"Leave Silently" is available when you update KakaoTalk to v.10.2.0 or a higher version.
1. How to enable "Leave Silently" in Kakao Lab
• KakaoTalk> "Settings" icon (⚙️) on the top right corner of the More tab > Kakao Lab > Leave Silently ON/OFF
2. How to use "Leave Silently"
• Click the menu button in a group chatroom and tap the "Leave" icon.
• Check "Leave Silently" and tap Leave.
• The More tab (...) is the 5th tab located at the bottom of the KakaoTalk screen.
• This feature cannot be used in private chats and Open Chat.
• The "Leave Silently" option will not be shown if you leave a chatroom using the swipe feature from a chat list or the chatroom editing feature.