Kakao Customer Service Main
A public key is used to exchange secret keys which encrypt messages in a secret chatroom.
There are three types of keys—a public key, a private key and a secret key.
A secret key is used to encrypt messages in a secret chatroom. Secret keys of the participants will be exchanged once the secret chatroom is created. Public keys are used to encrypt secret keys and private keys are used to decrypt secret keys.
Unlike the private key and the secret key, the public key is open to public and is used to determine whether the chat with other party is secured.
You can check the public key image in the secret chatroom by going into the chatroom menu > Settings > Public Key. If the public key image is identical to your friend's, that means your chat is secured.
If you reinstall KakaoTalk or change your mobile device, your encryption key will be changed. If your encryption key is changed, you will not be able to chat in your existing secret chatrooms. You will need to start new secret chats.
KakaoTalk v5.0.0 includes a new preview feature for URLs entered in the chatroom.
A preview of your URL will be displayed so that you and your friends can easily see more of shared links while chatting.
Log into KakaoTalk with QR codes using the methods below.
1) Open KakaoTalk for iPads or tablets
2) Select login with QR code
3) Open the QR code reader in mobile KakaoTalk
4) Scan the QR code displayed in your iPad or tablet
5) Select whether you are logged in or not
6) Register your device if your device has not yet been registered
How to scan the QR code
1) Open mobile KakaoTalk
2) Select the scanner from the upper right search menu or the More menu