Kakao Customer Service Main
You can delete your recent search history by tapping the X button.
You can also go to Settings > Privacy and disable Save Recent Searches to hide your recent search history.
Anyone who uses KakaoTalk v.9.7.5 and above can use the QR code to log into KakaoTalk in iPads or Android tablets without having to enter their Kakao Account email address.
Log into KakaoTalk with QR codes using the methods below.
1) Open KakaoTalk for iPads or tablets
2) Select login with QR code
3) Open the QR code reader in mobile KakaoTalk
4) Scan the QR code displayed in your iPad or tablet
5) Select whether you are logged in or not
6) Register your device if your device has not yet been registered
How to scan the QR code
1) Open mobile KakaoTalk
2) Select the scanner from the upper right search menu or the More menu
When an account is memorialized, its KakaoTalk profile will be maintained so that friends and family members can access it even if the user's phone number is unregistered.
A memorial account cannot be switched back to a normal account. Please read the following information carefully before applying for a memorial account.
[What are the benefits of a memorial profile?]
- The profile of the deceased user will be maintained and not converted to an Unknown account.
- An obituary notice can be made quietly without contacting friends and acquaintances.
- The KakaoTalk account of the deceased user can be maintained even if the user's phone number is unregistered.
- The profile can be used as a place to remember the deceased user.
[How will the KakaoTalk account of a deceased user be changed?]
- To protect the user's privacy, no one can log in with the deceased user's account.
- Messages cannot be sent or received, and the account cannot be used to log into sub-devices (windows, mac, ipad, android tablet, etc).
[How will the account be shown to his or her KakaoTalk friends?]
- The deceased user will be marked as a Remembered Friend in the Friends list, and the user's name, profile, background image, multi-profile settings and chat history will also be preserved.
- The deceased user will be removed from all chatrooms except for private chatrooms.
- The deceased user cannot be invited to a group chat.
- Chats in private chatrooms can be checked only by the sender, so the sender can use this chatroom as a place to remember the deceased user.
⚠️ A memorial profile can be maintained for 5 years and may be extended up to 10 years upon request. The user will be automatically unregistered afterwards.
⚠️ If the deceased user has already unregistered from KakaoTalk, a memorial profile cannot be used.
We hope that a memorial profile can help bring comfort and support to the bereaved family of a deceased user. May the user rest in peace.
With deepest sympathy…
In case a user passes away, KakaoTalk offers two options for the person's account based on the will of the user's family: unregistration or a memorial profile.
• Unregistration from Kakao Talk
When the family chooses unregistration, the user's account will be marked as "Unknown" just like other unregistered accounts, and the account will be deleted permanently.
• Memorial profile
If the family wants to memorialize the private chatroom and the profile, they can contact the Customer Service and request that the account be switched to a memorial profile.
What is a memorial profile?
The Android version of KakaoTalk has some functions downloaded only when necessary, not at the time of app installation, to provide efficient services.
When the target function is downloaded, The 'Load to the KakaoTalk screen' popup displays, and Google Play Store notifications may appear. Once the loading is complete, you can use the function immediately and no longer need to load it again when using the function.
This is a downloading officially supported by Google Play Store. It is impossible to search to download certain functions or deliver them via a separate URL according to the Google Play Store policy, so please keep this in mind when using the service.
Also, please note that we do not provide the Delete option for the Load function.